Blog Archive

Saturday, December 1, 2007

New Job = New Social Circles = New Hunnies

This week has been by the far one of the best weeks of my life. It's amazing how suddenly all great things happen to you in such a short amount of time; all at once.

One event that happened is fairly obvious. I'm ecstatic that I can start rebuilding that friendship. I think I'm still on a high from that.

But yesterday afternoon at approximately 12:14 pm, I got a call from a "major, well-known and respected studio" offering me a position (I'd love more than anything to brag to the blogging public, but trying to respect the whole anonymity thing). We're talking dream job. We're talking the whole reason I moved down to Los Angeles in the first place.

Fuck. Yes.

How does this bit of news tie in with "starting over at 24" you may ask?

I'm crossing my fingers that this opens up an entirely new social circle. I love the friends I have now, but it'd be nice to spread my wings and leave the nest occasionally. I'm not in college anymore, I don't have the luxury of being thrown into situations where meeting new people is as easy as taking shots of 151 before a fraternity dance.

I've noticed in my short time of being single that it's really difficult to meet new people as an "adult" in the "real world". -shudder-



It's weird/fascinating to me how in my "being single" mindset, I find myself automatically thinking:

New job = New coworkers = New friends? New girl coworkers? = New friends that have new girl friends?




----------------
Now playing: Saves The Day - See You