Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

From Overseas

One of my good friends from college is a medic over in Afghanistan. I haven't heard from her in months and this afternoon she dropped me a MySpace message. It actually laughed out loud while reading it at my desk:

"You have no idea how many hand jobs and other shameful acts that needn't be mentioned it took to get onto MySpace in this Godforsaken country, but now that I'm on: HI!!!

Other than fighting off the shakes, I'm doing as well as a forcefully extended bitter bitch of a "soldier" can be. Just curious to hear how you're doing, so hit me back. I miss you and cant wait to see you again!!!!

Email me, So@24 and tell me of your jaundice adventures in shrugging that addiction to abstinence... "

Come back safe, my friend. And I will share with you the stories from my blog over a bottle of Jack Daniels like we used to in the good ol' days.

If she only knew...