Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Grown Ups Pt. 2

So@24: See what I'm saying? What if I don't budge on that principal that I strongly believe in: being friends with you. It's extremely important to me (you already know that)
Lynn: oooooh
So@24: So would I be making the same mistake as I did with you?
Lynn: well I dunno
So@24: See the irony there?
Lynn: you would go into it telling them how you feel about it, and that you would show her that she has nothing to worry, but you'd still consider her feelings at all times
future is more important than past though, So@24.
So@24: Yeah. It's just sad.
Lynn: it's tough
So@24: I should be able to be friends with you. You were too important for too long
Lynn: but I enjoy being able to call the shots about that now too
like "you have to trust me that I am going to be friends with my exs and it's not a big deal" and "I'm just telling you now that it's imporant to me"
So@24: I'm glad you have that mindset now
Lynn: looking back it was good to cut things off, but there was always that pressure that someday I knew I'd want to talk to you, and there'd be a problem
So@24: Right right. Exactly

Lynn: I've learned a lot from both of you... what I do and don't want in a relationship
So@24: What do you think I need?
Lynn: I already told you! Blond, large breasts, like video games!
Really though: fun loving, easy going, likes to have fun/go out, silly, not too emotional, gets your humor, have a good sense of humor herself...
So@24: Right. It's going to be a tough one to find.
Lynn: somewhat spontaneous, but lazy too, a nurturer since you are kinda a baby.
So@24: What!? How!?
Lynn: You can't even buy you own plane tickets and you can't drive through traffic!
So@24: Damn.

So@24: Well that was a nice heavy discussion we got into, eh?
Lynn: hahaha relationships and feelings
So@24: It's probably good for me! Gotta get used to that sometime!
Lynn: yep!
So@24: But dont apologize about admitting that you cared about your ex. It's comforting to me that someday I'll be able to feel that for someone else and it just wasn't "you". If that makes sense.
Lynn: yeah I understand. It's possible
So@24: It sometimes hard to believe that
Lynn: but never expect relationships to be the same. I kind of made that mistake. I expected us to have the same sense of humor, same jokes, same interests...
So@24: Yeah, I'm going to need to you to tell me what to expect for next time
Lynn: Just everyone is different, and therefore every relationship is different
So@24: You'll probably have to be my point man for advice on what it's like to start new!
Lynn: hopefully...... okaaaaaay mister. Time for me to eat and take a break from the computer!
So@24: Okay
Lynn: and you get off work soon
So@24: Nice chat. We're "mature"
Lynn: good talking to you :) have a good night
So@24: You too
Lynn: we are, grown ups!
So@24: Who would have thought we could do it?
Lynn: I did :)