Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Ex Has Been Boned By Someone Other Than Me

It was inevitable. It had to happen at some point. I mean, she dated the guy for an entire year right?

I didn't force her to tell me. She didn't tell me in order to get some kind of jealous reaction out of me. It just. Happened.

Lynn: I need to get my jean hemmed, cause I've lost some weight
So@24: No way. You've lost weight? How is that possible?
Lynn: I'm off my birth control (cough)

Which kind of opened the doors to that discussion. I'll admit I had the ol' "sucker punch to the breadbasket feeling", but I had to find a way to go around that.

So I joked with her about it (which is what I do when shit gets too serious). And we switched subjects after admitting how awkward it was and that my body was sweating bullet for some reason. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, I guess.

It's a weird feeling so think about and I'm trying my best not to imagine my ex reverse cowgirling the shit out of this guy.

But I also know that I need to accept this if this is what it takes to really be "just friends" with someone. I need to grab this bull by the horns! I need to accept it and be "ok" with it. This is normal. Of course she was going to be with someone else eventually.

...

It didn't stop me from doing 4 sake bombs at lunch with coworkers though. And blogging drunk.

w00t!