Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thank You, Nintendo DS!

You've really pulled me out of some awkward situations and have never let me down.

I'll never forget the nights when I come stumbling home from yet another house party or night at the bars. The front door bursts open and the light from the street lamps pour into the pitch black living room. Leo in the middle with his arms around us: I'm on one side, some broad is on the other. We're all cackling like drunken idiots at some joke that if we were sober, wouldn't even crack a smile on our faces.

Leo and girl quickly retreat to his bedroom and close the door. Fighting the spins, I tumble into my own bed. I hope that I'm drunk enough to sleep through anything, but then the sound that no one wants to hear comes creeping through my paper-thin walls.

My eyes shoot open. The visual images of my childhood chum pounding home syncs a little too well with the audible noises erupting only a few feet away from where I lay my head every night.

But you've been there. Sitting patiently, loyally. I've been in this situation numerous times and it is when I turn to you most. Like a beautiful rehearsed ballet, I roll over and grab you from under my bed. I flip on your switch and crank your volume notch to "Max".

Your midi music drowns out the moans, the groans and the heavy breathing. You distract my overly-imaginative brain. You're dependable, you're consistent, you're a true pal.

Thank you Nintendo DS! Thank you!

XOXO,
So@24