Blog Archive

Friday, October 5, 2007

What I'm Looking For

The following is a gchat conversation between Leo and myself yesterday afternoon. We decided to recap on the girls we met at the tailgate party and this past weekend:

Leo: They're fucking whack.
So@24: I like them!
Leo: Why!? What in God's name is redeeming about them? Name ONE thing.
So@24: They're funny. I thought they were hilarious
Leo: No, they're not funny. You thought they were hilarious? David Spade is hilarious. They are a train wreck.
So@24: They keep things interesting. New scene. New crowd. Girls can booze like a champ.
Leo: Those girls a) don't have anything to offer when they're sober and b) take away from the table in droves when they're drunk and c) they're always drunk! They're raging OC rich girl alcoholics. I am never hanging out with them again.
-scribbles into stone-
So@24: I thought you might say that. Whatever, drunk girls schmrunk girls
Leo: They come as a package and Ann's only quality is the ability to substitute a fog horn if one were to fail. They suck.
So@24: I can't explain why I like them, but I do.
Leo: Please do. Because I cannot understand for the life of me what you see in those girls
So@24: It's fun to hang out with a bunch of girls who can drink a Natty Light and ask for a Natty Ice instead. Maybe I just want to hang out with people who get blacked out and will sing Weezer with me.

It's true. Maybe I'm not ready to be "fully mature yet". I'm still in college mode. Maybe it's because I missed out on all the dating and stuff when I was in school.

Even though those girls were complete whirlwinds of destruction when they hit the bottle a little too hard, I still liked having them around. It was refreshing to hang out with girls who really don't give a shit. Who aren't worried about upholding some "image" when they go out. Who aren't shy and can mingle at a party. They aren't Proust scholars, but fuck! They are new, exciting! They mix it up! And as stereotypical as my roommate has labeled them, they aren't bitches; but extremely receptive and friendly. I can't explain it well. This whole thing reminds me of an entry I read recently from a blog I check daily. She gets it!

Which made me think of qualities of girls that instantly capture my heart:

1. She can drink. And not just wine or Kettle One. I'm sorry, but that's what's appealing to me right now. I don't want some girl whose in super-ultra adult mode. 9-5. In bed by 10 on weekends.
2. Likes to sleep in and takes frequent naps. Sleeping in is like 12:00 or 1, not 10:30.
3. Who appreciates the old Nickelodeon shows. Salute Your Shorts, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark, etc. Who can recite the theme songs. (When Lisa started singing the Pete & Pete theme, I almost peed myself)
4. She can shotgun a beer.
5. Doesn't get shy and will belt out "Say It Ain't So" or "Tiny Dancer" at any given moment

I don't think it's too much to ask.




----------------
Now playing: Elton John - Tiny Dancer