Blog Archive

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Well That Put a Bounce in my Step!

Couple therapy.

An interesting concept. A couple having trouble in their relationship attend a session together with a counselor to "fix" whatever the problem is.

I'm not questioning the merit of this process. Marriage counseling has probably helped thousands of marriages stay afloat. Couples who actually need to stick together for the long haul.

I just found out that my ex-girlfriend and her current boyfriend have been attending couple counseling sessions for quite sometime. They haven't even been dating for an entire calendar year! And they are both under 25. Am I the only one who thinks that this is bat shit crazy??

I'm going to say it one more time because it merits repeating:

Couple counseling. Not-even-a-year-old-relationship. At the age of 23.

Probably a huge warning sign that you might be one of these.


-cracks knuckles-
-puts arms behind head-
-sits back in computer chair-
-props feet on desk-


That makes me feel a little better.