Blog Archive

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Where The Chicks At, Bro?

In one sentence, I became that guy*. A brief second. The words came out of my mouth and I wanted more than anything to whip out some kind of sentence-lasso and haul them back in, but alas it was too late.

I've always despised those guys (yes, some of them I'll admit are my friends). Those guys that can't hang out at any function without a plethora of available, attractive girls present. Even when it's only your guy friends sitting around and having a good time with good conversation... there's that one guy that has to say, "This is such a cockfest/sausage party/wiener roast. Where the chicks at?" And of course, to prove to your male comrades that "yes, girls in fact DO make things more interesting" regardless of how much fun we're already having, everyone has to mutter something along the lines of, "yeah... seriously dude". It's a guy code or something.

Leo came back from his vacation and wanted to head out to Malibu to hang out with some guy at his beach side apartment. I just spent my entire morning and afternoon obtaining my new car (remember the old one was demolished in the accident), got speakers installed and had literally walked through the door when this spontaneous trip out to Malibu was put on the table.

-sigh- "Who's going?"
"Me, you and Chad so far."
"Me, you and Chad? That's it?"
"So far."
"Are there going to be any girls?"

I immediately hung my head in shame. What the fuck have I become? Really? I don't think I've ever uttered that sentence before.

Maybe now I unconsciously think that. I wonder if the longer you're single, the more that mantra becomes part of your own.

-shudder-

I hope that's not the case. I became that guy yesterday. I didn't mean to and I'm sorry.




Post Script: And for the record, the night did in fact, suck.


* taken from KissAtlanta.com