Blog Archive

Monday, July 23, 2007

It's Going to Be One of Those, Huh?

2:48 am My cell phone vibrates on my footlocker.

"What the fuck?"

It's from a number I don't recognize and I answer it (with my best zombie impression).

Hol. Lee. Shit. It's Lynn. She wants to see how I'm doing and what I've been up to. I sit straight up and no amount of coffee could wake me up as much as I am now. My stomach is doing a million somersaults.

"Wow, why are you calling so late?"
"I dunno... I can't sleep I guess."

7:30 am Our conversation is cut short suddenly by a shitty midi of Weezer's Say It Ain't So. What the fuck?

It's my cell phone's alarm clock and it's time for me to throw on some wrinkled jeans and head to work. That entire sequence was a dream. Fucking dreams. I woke up swearing that was real. The problem is, you can't control them or what they are going to be about.

Talk about the shittiest way to start out a Monday. With a mouth full of toothpaste foam, I'm just laughing at my reflection in disbelief.

8:20 am I'm back in my driveway. I had to turn around and get my CD face.

8:22 am For some reason (probably when I was drunk), I took my house key off it's ring and left it inside. I'm locked out.

8:26 am I jimmy open our window and crawl in (hopefully no potential burglars saw my "secret entrance"). I find my CD face under a pile of clothes.

12:30 pm It's my job to pick up the company lunch order for the weekly Monday meeting. That's always sweet. I get all the way to Subway and I forget the company card. Still rattled by my dream this morning.

12:53 pm Back at Subway. Carrying 2 bags full of Subway. Waiting for the order, Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars comes over the outdoor mall's loudspeakers. You have got to be fucking kidding me. I have to walk across the entire mall with that song surrounding me.

1:10 pm I drop one of the bags accidentally. Sonofabitch. As I'm on all fours, scrambling to shove all the sandwiches back into the bags, I take a moment to look up at the sky and curse the Heavens.

6:06 pm I still have that depressing song stuck in my head.


It's going to be one of those.