Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Roommate's Smitten

Leo came back from Burning Man all smiles. Of course he did. After he said, "Dude, it was fucking crazy" about 50 times, he finally got down to telling me something substantial about the trip. He had, in fact, hooked up with a "burner" as I had predicted he would. But what I didn't expect was...

... she's actually attractive.

Leo and I are known to not have the same tastes in women, based on their physical appearance at all. We often get into childish, playground arguments all the time about it. This goes for girls in general, but I can give you a few examples of celebrities we've debated over:

I think Keira Knightley is too skinny and she has "rake teeth" (what can I say? i'm a teeth guy) ; Leo's boxers get a little damp just hearing her name.

I think Ashley Tisdale* is extremely cute ; Leo would rather bite down on a cyanide pill.

He thinks Scarlett Johansson is drop-dead gorgeous ; I think she has a flat face.

We both lose our shit over Monica Bellucci though. We can agree on somethings, but it's rare. I knew there was a reason we were friends.

It's really a blessing in disguise since we aren't ever in the situation where we are fighting over the affection of the same girl. I've never found any of Leo's interests attractive (no offense, buddy). Except for this new waif. It will be interesting to see where this goes, since I've never seem him so giddy over a girl before. I'm almost, in a weird way, proud of him.

Kudos, dear roomie. Kudos. Don't fucking blow it!




* I know there's no reason for me to post a picture of Ashley Tisdale on this post. It's not even really about her. If anything, I should be posting something of Leo's new boo. But, well... I don't have one. I guess I just wanted an excuse to post a picture of Ashley Tisdale on my blog. Sue me. And she's 22 people, calm down.