Friday, September 28, 2007

Lone Cowboy

I knew this was going to happen. I fucking knew it.

The plans for this weekend are falling apart like Golden Grahams after sitting in milk for more than 20 seconds.

Leo and Chad have a dinner he has to attend and said that he would meet us down in Torrance. Translation: I'm going to have a late meal, drink too much, and not answer my cell phone for the rest of the evening. Good luck.

David has an employee going away party tonight, but wants to meet up tomorrow. He asked me, "Don't drink too much tonight so that I can have a pint with you tomorrow morning!" I laughed in his face.

Chris wants to wait until tomorrow morning; he has a friend in town that doesn't want to spend the night in a foreign area.

Which leaves just me. Me to tackle this Oktoberfest all by myself like some lone cowboy in a strange land. Should I do it? I just met these girls and I know nothing about them except they enjoy a good shotgun before a football game. They went to UCLA. That's pretty much it.

I fear that if I go alone that I'll be "the guy who had nothing else to do but leech onto us"; especially if they are expecting Leo, Chad and all the other guys. I'd be shooting myself in the foot before I even got a chance.

However, I feel like I have to do this. Something bold and out of my comfort zone. A great story could come out of it, right? Besides, I'd just be sitting at home pacing back and forth until the guys came back from dinner (IF they come back).

*Just got a call from one of the girls* I told her the situation and she told me to come down anyway. Whew. Alright, fuck it.

I'm stopping by the nearest Ralphs. Using the last of my funds to pick up a half g of Smirnoff vodka, some kind of juice, and gas money.

This could be a coin toss, kiddos. Pray it isn't awkward as hell.