Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Leaving the Nest (with a kick in the ass)


I believe that every circle of friends has one person I call "The Organizer". They are the ones that get everyone together every weekend, the only ones that can convince the I'm-Going-To-Stay-In-Tonights to come out and party, the ones that if they didn't make plans... everyone would be sitting around watching reruns of Quantum Leap. If you sit and think about it, you can pick out that very person.

My roommate Leo has always been that person. And today he's passed the reigns.

Leo:
I need some deets on this Oktoberfest thing
So@24: We both do. And why are you asking me?
Leo: You're the pointman.
So@24: Me?!
Leo: Yes.
So@24: You're the one who talked to them after the game and was texting
Leo: Perhaps you need a reminder which one of us is the driving force behind this endeavor.
So@24: You're the charming one!
Leo: I am kicking your motherfucking ass out of the nest. Take point. Get er done.
So@24: I'm going to blow this!
Leo: No you're not! You're way in control!
So@24: -grabs empty lunch sack- -breathes heavily-
Leo: Dude, listen. Play it casual. You'll be fine. You're on point. That's final.
So@24: Alright, what's less douchey? Asking via MySpace, Facebook, or cell phone?
Leo: Facebook first, Cell 2nd, MySpace never.
So@24: It's good to know these things.
Leo: I mean, for this situation. If you had met her at a bar or party, flirted a lot and then exchanged numbers, then cell. And only cell.
Leo: Be funny and witty.
So@24: -grabs bag again-
Leo: and when you get home tonight, check behind the dryer for your confidence. Either that or under the porch. I swear it ran under there last November.





----------------
Now playing: The Beatles - A Day in the Life