Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hook. It. Up.

What's with my friends and their lack of "hooking it up"? I mean, seriously. What's a guy supposed to do to get a date around here?

I was discussing with a friend the other day about how it's hard to actually meet new people. You wouldn't think so, living in Los Angeles, but it's surprisingly difficult. I don't want to date any of the people in my immediate social circle for multiple reasons a few being:

a. they are my friends (yes, I believe that guys and girls can strictly be friends)
b. my friends in my social circle are extremely incestuous, in that they all have hooked up with one another at some point. Not my bag.
c. just simply not attracted to any of them in either a sexual or romantic form

That being said, my friend and I concluded that the only real feasible way to meet people is through your friends.

I've dropped some hints to my friends by saying things like, "Oh hey, your friend ____ is pretty cute. What's her deal?"

Nothing. No love from my friends. How many times can I things similar to that of, "Is she single?"

Leslie: there. i forwarded you some of the pics of her
So@24: throw me a fucking bone!
Leslie: i hate all those la kids though.
So@24: put your pride aside for the greater good!
Leslie: meh. i have other things to worry about

Thanks "pal".