Friday, September 14, 2007

My Affair with Tylenol PM

I don't normally take long naps. The obvious reason being that I can't go to sleep later on in the evening. But yesterday I was exhausted and couldn't keep my eyelids open any longer. Waking up an hour and a half later, I knew I would need the help of my good friend Tylenol PM to give me that extra shove into Slumber Land.

I opened up the medicine cabinet and had myself a little moment while staring at the bottle. I thought back to when Leo bought it for me back in December. Sleep was close to impossible; my thoughts were focused only on Lynn and images of her and her new boyfriend. I remember staring at the ceiling pleading with myself to go to sleep. And when I finally was able to rest my mind, I would dream about her constantly.

Coming home from another day of work, I found a bottle of Tylenol PM sitting on the kitchen table with a sticky note attached.
Take two of these and see if you can even TRY to stay awake
- Leo
I popped two and within 20 mins found myself groggy and for the first time in weeks, looked forward to bed.

My tango with Tylenol PM was fairly consistent for the next couple months. I only took them when I really couldn't sleep. And then some random day I can't recall the exact date of, I didn't need them anymore.

It had been quite sometime since I shook hands with the sleep aid. I smiled to myself, tossed two down the hatch and guzzled some water. It's weird what objects can make you remember.