Blog Archive

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect

I received a random phone call the other day and naturally let it run to voice mail.

Turns out, it was from a girl whom I haven't seen since my college days. I wasn't even friends with this girl. I performed a monologue for a student showcase (yep, I did some acting back in the day, but I wasn't a drama major) and she sat next to me during my piece. She didn't speak or really interact with me since it was a monologue, but she had to be there at all my rehearsals and such.

But since that showcase, I never heard from her. So this phone call is completely out of the blue. She must have kept my number after all this time.

Apparently, she just moved to LA and wants to grab some drinky poos tonight. What the hell, right? Although there's no romantic interest, the first thought that popped in my mind was "this could be a great practicing experience when I go on a REAL date one of these days!"

I'm not sure what we're going to talk about since I really don't know her that well. I guess that'll be the interesting part.