Blog Archive

Sunday, January 13, 2008

"I Can Feel It Coming" - P. Collins


I have that funny feeling deep in my gut. It can be the best feeling in the world; under the right circumstances. If not, it can feel like some punk kid has taken a magnifying glass on a hot summer's day to your stomach lining.

Everyone knows that feeling. It sneaks up on you gradually. Constantly checking to see if there's a text waiting for you (in case you missed it while you were in the shower). Getting irritated/disappointed when there isn't. Losing an hour or two of precious, precious sleep thinking to yourself, "what the fuck is going on?"

I thought that nights like this and this (and this) could be left at the door. Be what they are and nothing more; which I guess is a stupid theory if you really think about it But Mimi was right when she warned me; stuff like that can really mindfuck you and it's not JUST a chick thing.

Again, under the right circumstances, it's a great thing. But when you are confused, vulnerable, and suffering a mean case of mental vertigo, it's the worst.

I'm going back to that place and it terrifies me.