Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Starting Over at 25?

Today I turn a year older. And hopefully, a year wiser.

My weekend in Seattle was an absolute blast. So many people came out to celebrate that I haven't seen since my college days. I'll give you the quick Reader's Digest version of the weekend.

Because, well... alcohol tends to make you forget shit.
  • 3 shots of Admiral Nelson rum (they don't sell you in LA, how I've missed you), 1 shot of Patron, 1 Crown and Coke, 1 Rum and Coke, 2 Touchdowns, 1 Jaeger (or as I say, "yay!-ger") shot will make for a time traveling adventure.
  • Although this hasn't been confirmed yet, I have that "deep in my gut" feeling that I blatantly and shamelessly hit on my high school/college friend Melissa. Lord knows what the consisted of. Gotta play to win.
  • It's official. The last time my genitalia has made contact with another genitalia was when I was 23.
  • I felt like when I was at the bar, I was walking around like The Terminator at the beginning of the second movie. Remember when he's at the biker bar trying to find clothes to wear that will fit him and he's analyzing every person he comes across with his infrared scanner? That was like me. Except with girls.
  • Lynn emailed me on Sunday wishing me a happy birthday and wanting to meet up so she could give me my gift. She wants to come visit soon, I said we'd talk sometime this week to set something up. Are you ready for that situation, Leo ol' buddy ol' pal?
  • Never met up with Beth. She was in Tacoma all weekend, not Seattle. Neither of us had cars.
I think I'm still hung over.

I'm celebrating with my Los Angeles comrades this Saturday. Time and tide wait for no man.