Blog Archive

Thursday, June 14, 2007

No Way...


A story that happened to me last night reminds me why I created this blog in the first place.

As I am driving home in thick, Los Angeles traffic, I hear "8 Days A Week" play from my cell. It's a completely unexpected call... Janice. She asks what my plans are for tonight and I tell her the only thing I promised myself I'd cook my lunches for the rest of the week. She then proceeds to kick it up a notch by saying:

"You should come over tonight."

Whoa. Alright. Sweet. I can do that. She gives me her address and I tell her I'll give her a call when I'm on my way.

I whip up a pasta and hop in the shower. Getting the water out of my ears with my towel, I pick up my cell phone. 4 missed calls: 8:26, 8:32, 8:38, 8:40. 2 texts: "I hate you" and "I'm going to bed." My first thoughts: what the fuck!?

Janice: Where the fuck are you?
So@24: What?
Janice: Where. the. fuck. are. you? I've been sitting here waiting for an hour.
So@24: I just got out of the shower. It's only 9.
Janice: Why the fuck did you shower?? I'm sitting here without makeup on in pajamas! Why
did you feel the need to get dolled up?
So@24: First off, I always take showers at nighttime regardless of what I'm doing. Second, are
you being serious right now? I'm driving out to see you in the Valley, aren't you
being a little selfish?
Janice: Oh hell no are you going to turn this around on me! I've been sitting here waiting for
you!
So@24: Wow. You're crazy. I'm out.

I turn off my phone and just crack up. There's no way that this just happened. No way. I return to the living room where my roommates are playing a rousing game of Risk. Leo threw me a crisp Natural Ice beer. This is like Alicia Silverstone in The Crush.

Wow.