Blog Archive

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Funny Happened on the Way to Check My Email

To: So@24
From: Lynn

Time: 9:42pm
Date: December 17, 2008

Heeeeeey.

All right Nervous Nancy...

So just because Facebook might have awkwardly 'informed' you (and I don't want you finding stuff out about my life that way), I thought you should know that I am seeing someone. Not that you want to hear about that kind of stuff, and not that you like to know, but I figured I should show you the courtesy of telling you instead of you finding out via Facebook.

Anyways he's not my boyfriend yet, and it's still new, but all I did was make a change to my profile and it informed all of Facebook world and everyone is freaking out (i.e.: "ohohohlalala" and "go Lynn!" comments). I assumed you were doing so in private. Hahaha.

Mmmk so that is that. Dunno how much you want to know, etc... but he knows about you, knows we are close friends, etc and thinks you sound like a cool guy.

Hope we can be cool with all of this... Sorry if I am making it more awkward than it really is.

Come home in one piece beardy and stop obsessing with my roommate :)

- Meeeeeeeee
[Lynn]


To: Lynn
From: So@24

Time: 10:35pm
Date: December 17, 2008

I was waiting for this message to come.

I can't tell you how many gchats, emails and phone calls I got asking me,
"Dude, what's going on with Lynn? Facebook says Lynn is 'no longer listed as single'. What's going on??"

And all I could respond with was shrugging my shoulders and saying, "Well, maybe she's in a relationship?"

I don't need to know the details or anything. I'm glad you've found someone and I hope that it blossoms into something great. He just better appreciate everything about you!

You know my only rule for you: No settling!

We're cool as we always have been, no awkwardness... I promise.

Hope things are well (and it sounds like they are) and I'll see you next week!

As for your roommate, you don't need to worry. She's short, cute, funny, and can quote some of the great movies that most girls don't appreciate. Unfortunately, she's your roommate and probably isn't interested in atheists.

Best,
me
[So@24]