Blog Archive

Sunday, August 31, 2008

You'll Help Me w/ My Online Dating Profile, Right? Pt. 3: The Profile Redux!

Hoo doggy.

Lemme tell you, it's a little overwhelming to wake up at 10:00 to a mailbox FULL of comments with readers' opinions on how to tweak a profile.

You guys didn't hold back and gave it to me straight. And for that, thank you!

Revision 1: The Part About Drinking

Also, apparently you guys think I'm a raging alchy. Huh. Which is fine, I guess. Just because I'm 25 and out of college doesn't mean I'm dead. However, I think that I mention booze a lot because:
  1. It's easy to make self-deprecating jokes about getting hammered and
  2. I've found that girls that like to drink are the ones who don't take themselves too seriously and are more outgoing. Maybe I'm full of shit?
But I toned it down! See below.

Revision 2: The F*cking Part About Offensive Swearing

That was just a miscommunication on my part as the blogger. I know better than to swear like a sailor when trying to put my best foot forward with the fairer sex. I do it on my blog a fair bit, but not on a public profile! The swearing that some of the confused readers read was just my personal commentary to YOU guys, not what I actually put on the profile. I made the changes on that post for clarity.

Revision 3: The Tagline

Thanks to those of you who shared my pain with me on this section. It's ridiculous how hard it is to think of something good. Most of you didn't like what I had before (although SOME did), so here is what I settled on:

"Finding the perfect girl is like finding the Indian with the shooting star on Tootsie Pop wrappers"


Revision 4: The Height Thing

A funny and interesting dynamic between male readers and female readers was exposed in this area. Most females told me to be straight up and honest (not even an inch!): I need to say 5'3".

The guys (all 3 of you) said that it was more beneficial for me to say 5'4"... giving me that crucial inch to bring the ladies a-runnin'.

I'll let you guys ponder about the reasons why that is...

I put 5'3". I didn't want to, but the people have spoken!

Revision 5: The Final Product

Alright here it is. I tried to take a little bit from everyone's comments to create the ultimate profile. Think of me as the Green Ranger busting out my badass flute and with everyone's help we put the final piece on the Online Dating Megazord.

Check it out and let me know what you think:

Hot Spots: I've developed an obsession with eating out at restaurants in Los Feliz. I haven't lived in Burbank very long, so I'm at a loss for "hot spots". As far as traveling outside of the US, I'd love to do it eventually it's just these pesky college loans

Religion: Atheist. Very respectful of others' beliefs as long as they aren't proselytizing.

For Fun: On weekends you'll catch me out laughing at some lame joke with my good friends. I may or may not be busting out a karaoke classic. However, a night in reading or watching a movie is never considered a wasted night. I am an MS Paint guru.

My Own Words: If someone would have told me 2 years ago I'd be sitting here stressing out about how to describe myself to AnonymousDatingSite.com, I would have taken their 8th rum & coke away.

But here I am times are a changin'. Online dating is the norm these days, I suppose! I have a close group of friends in LA, but I've found it's harder to meet new people outside of college.

For as long as I can remember, I always thought that 25 year old males lived in apartments with all black furniture, a mini bar, and glass coffee tables. Sexy cocktail parties would be frequent. How wrong I was. Maybe that's true for some, but not me.

Top Reasons to Consider Going Out With Me

* Ability to have a conversation without excessive use of the word "dude."
* Won't embarrass you in public. (*Actual results may vary.)
* Random quotes from obscure movies for every situation.
* I don't own sweatpants.
* You might as well get out of the house while waiting for the next season of "Grey's"

So, basically I'm looking to test the dating waters after a little bit of a layoff. If you've read this far, I already have a crush on you.

Drop me a line if you're interested. Thanks for reading!

So I guess I'm looking for someone attractive, funny and smart (Who isn't right? Just call me "Cap'n Cliche") for some interesting conversation. A great sense of humor is undervalued these days. Someone who is serious about her career, but won't shy away from spontaneously going out on a weeknight. A girl that can drop an old school Nickelodeon reference will always cause my heart to skip a beat. And a girl who enjoys naps. I love naps.

* * *

Okay! Round two! Thanks guys!


Next Post:
The Profile Pic (this time for sure)