Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Day with The Ex

No sex.

I'm not sure why everyone got up in arms and actually thought this was actually a possibility. Because Leo said so? Pffff. Give me a break.

All I said is that I wouldn't be opposed to it. And one thing I know about Lynn (you tend to pick somethings up in a 6 year relationship) is that she doesn't play games. She's the type to call it like it is. If she wanted to have sex; she would have said so. But she's a logical girl (for the most part) and knows better than to go down that path; even though every primal instinct in me is telling me otherwise.

And lastly, our the friendship I have with her now is something I wouldn't put in jeopardy for something as simple as getting my pee pee damp. It's really as simple as that. If I were to go in for a kiss or try to shove a hand up her shirt, it would scare her off thinking that I wanted to get back together. So. None of that.

I wish I had something exciting to tell you about our Sunday afternoon together, but it wasn't anything more exciting than what Clarissa and Sam did on Clarissa Explains It All.


platonic as fuck.

She gave me a tour of her college campus, we grabbed a quick bite to eat, we sat around her room just shooting the shit, and drove around with the windows rolled down both singing songs that were only significant when we dated (New Found Glory's self titled album, if you're really curious). I can't describe how fun it was to look over and see her in the driver's seat, smiling back while singing a song that we both loved when we dated.

However, when we were on the couch talking and we both had our legs propped up on a footstool... my mind began to wander. I continued to nod and throw out the random "Mmmhmm. Right, right," while she talked, but I was really occupied because couldn't help but feel a twang of regret.
Fuck, So@24. Why didn't you ever tell her how pretty she is?

My inability to communicate my feelings (fancy that!) was one of the reasons for the breakup.

But I got a text message from the parents of the girl Lynn and I used to babysit, so I had to leave. She walked me to my car and we hugged.

***

I drove to the Disneyland Hotel to meet up with everyone. The little girl must have remembered me because she ran up and gave me a hug. My favorite part of dinner was when she squealed with delight when she was looking through my wallet and found a baby picture I keep of her tucked inside. She laughed and got a kick out of it.

I know it's cliche'd to say, but I couldn't believe how big she has gotten. It seems like just the other day Lynn and I were tucking her into her crib and I was refilling her humidifier with water.