Blog Archive

Monday, January 19, 2009

I Remember This Being Easier in High School

How do you ever really find out if a girl is even remotely interested? What tactics can you execute in order to gain this extremely valuable insider information?

Fuck. It used to be so much easier back in high school.

You used to have at least a little something to go on. A mole on the inside. A friend to give you the real insight into that complex female brain.

I remember it use to be as easy as buttoning up my letterman's jacket, confidently strolling over to a crowded table of her friends and asking one of them to speak with you while she was in the mid-dip of a cafeteria curly fry in ketchup. You pulled them aside and got the inside scoop on whether or not her friend had any interest in you.

It was that simple. It gave you peace of mind and you were able to keep doing what you were doing.

I'm beginning to realize that you don't get that luxury anymore. Once your ass is booted from the cushy social circles that are high school and college, you're left to fend for yourself.

You don't have that "friend's net" to fall back on like you do when you're in high school or college. Sure, a lot of people today meet potential romantic interests through friends, but what happens when you meet someone who isn't friends with any of your friends?

How are you ever supposed to at least know if you're steering the Santa Maria on its correct course? Or if you're just wasting your fucking time?

I hate having to figure this out on my own. I feel like I've been dropped off on a deserted island with nothing but a giant palm leaf covering my genitalia and told, "Goodluck, you bastard!"