Blog Archive

Monday, October 13, 2008

I Think I Got eServed

Question.

How do you know for sure when you get the shaft from an internet dating girl?

Allow me to quickly recap the events in quick, convenient bullet points:
  1. I write her an initial email
  2. She actually writes a nice email back
  3. I write her.
  4. She writes back:
    "Hey So@24,

    Wanted to let you know that I got your e-mail and intend to write back--been swamped the last couple days! I'll write more as soon as i can.

    Take care
    Mel"
  5. I write back:
    "Hey no problem, I'm sure it's hectic with midterms coming up. Get back to me when things calm down."
  6. That was 9 days ago.

Did I just get fucking eServed?


So now what? Do I wait longer? I feel that 9 days is a long time. I'm not being overly sensitive to this, am I?

Do I email back a follow up? A friendly reminder of, "Hey remember me?? The one you were pretty chummy with?"

Do I just let her go to wander off into the wilderness like an old house cat searching for a place to die?

I also know myself and it'll drive me crazy if I don't figure out, "Why the french dip did I get the eBoot??"



If I hear another girl make the complaint, "Guys are the ones who always say they are going to call and they don't!"; a kidney punch may be in order.