Blog Archive

Monday, July 14, 2008

Blogging Acquints a Man with Strange Bedfellows

My Stat Counter always brings up some interesting finds. The poor saps that tried searching for "masturbation stories" must be sorely disappointed when they stumble upon my writings. My bad, fellas.

Like most bloggers, I use Stat Counter to keep tabs on who is reading, who isn't reading anymore, and in general, to get a good sense of my demographic.

For awhile now, I've noticed a gradually, rising trend that made my scratch my head and actually laugh out loud.

I noticed my blog on the blog roll of a relatively large number of sexblogs.

You know the ones, I'm talking about, right? These bloggers write about things that make me blush. And I sat through entire episodes of Red Shoe Diaries back in my awkward, learning-about-my-body days.

I don't mind this trend, of course. Making anyone's blogroll is a great compliment; it's flattering if anything! But you have to admit, it's a humorous irony to see my blog next to a bunch of other sexblogs. I'll just make up off the top of my head what these blog rolls look like:

Sexy College Sexy Story Time
Fun with Infidelity
Confessions of an Underpaid Gigalo
So@24
Spelunking with my Wang
Stories of a Horny House Wife Sans Pool Boy
Jamming Down n' Writing 'Bout It

Talk about sticking out like a sore blog-thumb. These blogs go into extreme detail of all the sex they're getting. And mine is just the opposite. Their blogs? All sex. My blog? No sex.

Why me? How do my self-deprecating stories fit into the equation??

...

Maybe it's just amusing to me.